No matter where you are in your spiritual journey, we want to help you grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ. Life gGoups provide a great environment for this to take place.
What are some of the features of a Life Group?
We challenge everyone who considers HHAC their church to prioritize three things:
- Develop meaningful relationships with others
- Pursue a fuller understanding and application of God’s Word
- Minister to others through prayer and practical care
Where do Life Groups fit in our church’s overall philosophy of ministry?
Participation in a Life Group provides you with opportunities for:
- Sundays - encounter God corporately through musical worship and the preaching of the Word
- Life Group - experience life transformation in community with others
- Serve - discover your spiritual gift(s) and use it/them in the right way and the right place
- Share - communicate God’s love to those around you in word and deed
Are there different kinds Life Groups?
Our men’s, women’s, and young adults' ministries are based on the Life Group model and our ministry to seniors includes a monthly luncheon. We also offer numerous Life Groups with a mixture of couples and singles at all ages and life stages.
When do Life Groups meet?
Most Life Groups meet on weekday evenings.
How frequently do Life Groups meet?
This varies from group to group, but most get together two to four times a month.
How long do Life Groups meet?
Life Groups generally meet for about two hours.
Where do Life Groups meet?
Life Groups meet in homes throughout North Calgary and at the church.
What about kids?
Some Life Groups strive to work out a suitable childcare plan. This may involve individual or shared babysitting, or rotating supervision by the group members. We don’t want childcare concerns to hinder participation.
What do Life Groups study?
Life Groups study various Biblically-sound materials including books and DVDs and may also use sermon-based curriculum that reinforces the Sunday morning message.
How do I join a Life Group?
It’s easy! Contact Pastor Aaron at 587-315-0809 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be in touch to help you find a place that’s right for you.